Portishead Town Council
01275 847 078 email us

Electricity and Gas Emergency Contacts

Electrical Emergencies

Call the national number 105 to:

  • Report a power cut and request information during power cuts 
  • Report dangerous low-lying cables
  • Report broken cables
  • Report electrical emergencies involving water

Power cut advice on the National Grid website

Gas Emergencies

Call the national gas number 0800 111 999 if you:

  • Smell gas (at home or in public spaces)
  • Are alerted to a leak by a Carbon Monoxide monitor
  • See an open fire in a public gas line
  • Call this number regardless of whether you are connected to the mains or use a tank

Gas emergency and safety advice on the National Grid website